Unlock Your Diet Recommendation, Join Today
Sudden food cravings. In-between meals. Midnight snacks. Tempting, yes. Unhealthy? Well, I got news for you. The answer is NO.
Keep reading to get the list of 15 snacks under 100 calories and also checkout a related article: Top 15 Healthy Foods Under $1.
There is, in fact, a wide array of healthy snacks under 100 calories that you can devour without affecting your diet, especially since these snacks can help keep your energy levels and, more importantly, restrain you from eating too much at one meal.
Here are snacks under 100 calories which made it to the Top 15 list:
1. Two tablespoons Pumpkin Seeds
- Half a slice of Apple and one teaspoon of Peanut Butter, or
- Baked Apple - One tennis ball-sized apple, added with 1one teaspoon brown sugar and cinnamon, and baked until tender, or
- Half a baseball-sized apple with one non-fat mozzarella cheese stick
3. One piece of ginger bread
- One small banana, or
- Half a frozen banana dipped in two squares of melted dark chocolate
- One cup of tomato, or
- Sweet Potato Fries - one light bulb-sized sweet potato, sliced, with olive oil, and baked at 400 degC for 10 minutes, or
- Curried Sweet Potato - One medium sweet potato cooked for six minutes in the microwave and mashed with one teaspoon curry, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper, or
- Greek Tomato - One tennis ball-sized tomato with one tablespoon feta and lemon juice, or
- Rosemary potatoes - One third cup of potato with one teaspoon each of olive oil and rosemary
6. One piece of watermelon
7. One cup of frozen grapes
- Half cup of frozen yogurt, or
- Honeyed yogurt - Half a cup of nonfat Greek yogurt with cinnamon and a teaspoon of honey, or
- Maple-Pumpkin Yogurt - Half a cup non-fat regular yogurt with two tablespoons pumpkin puree and one teaspoon maple syrup
9. Spiced Orange - one tennis ball-sized orange with cinammon
10. Cafe Latte - Eight ounces steamed skim milk with one shot espresso (Go ahead, you deserve a tall skinny latte from Starbucks!)
11. Cheesy Popcorn - Two cups air-popped popcorn with one tablespoon nutritional yeast
12. Carrots - About ten baby carrots with two tablespoons hummus
- Tropical Juice Smoothie - One fourth cup of pineapple juice, orange juice, and apple juice
- Vanilla and Banana Smoothie - One half cup of banana (sliced) and one fourth cup nonfat vanilla yogurt
- Feta Egg-White Scramble and Spinach - Three egg whites scrambled and mixed with half cup raw spinach and one tablespoon feta cheese, fried or microwaved for 1-2 minutes
- Dippy Egg: One egg with half slice whole-wheat toast, dipped in yolk
15. Dark chocolate - One block, three slices
So go ahead, satisfy your cravings, GUILT-FREE.